Thursday, March 5, 2009

Creativity...

So, I'm going to try my hand at clothing designing...yes, that's right. I need a sparkly shirt to wear tomorrow night. I'm sure you're all wondering why I don't have a sparkly shirt to wear...I'm wondering the same thing. I feel like I should have a whole closet of sparkly shirts, seeing as how I'm obsessed with all things sparkly...Unfortunately, though, I think I threw out all the sparkly shirts I had and replaced them with green sweaters...

What I'm going to do is buy a shirt, fabric glue, and powdery glitter. I'm going to make random designs on the shirt with the fabric glue, and then i'm going to shake the glitter over the glue...I don't actually know if this will work, but I figured it was worth a shot. I like trying creative things, because I am such a concrete thinker. Sometimes my creative endeavors work out great, and sometimes they turn out like pictures of a football play...

I have also been toying with the idea of making some jewelry. My mom gave me some jewelry-making stuff for Christmas, and I really do want to make some jewelry, but I literally have no idea how to even start. Maybe I just have to jump in and do it and hope that it comes out brilliant.

On another note, Mary and I tried 2 Bible Studies this week. The first was a group that meets in Louisville. It is singles and has ages ranging from 22-38ish I would guess...for the most part it was people our age. It was actually pretty good, but I didn't like that they split the group into 2 groups for the actual discussion. I got put in the group that was really quiet and didn't talk much, and Mary got put in the group of really intelligent guys who debated philosophically the whole time...so jealous. Anyway, the group of people seemed to actually be pretty cool, and we will probably end up going back to that one.

Let me tell you about the second study we tried. It was titled, Bible 101. I was worried that it might be a study linked to the class through the church, but I didn't know and it didn't say, so I thought it was worth it to give it a shot. It was in Longmont and all, we had to try. So we got lost trying to find it, because it was a condo in a condo park. We eventually found it, albeit 10 minutes late. We knocked on the door, and a man opened it and just kind of looked at us. There was a woman in the kitchen too, so we got worried that we came on the wrong night or something. Mary asked if there was a Bible Study, and the man awkwardly answered yes. We ended up standing in the entrance-way, never being offered a seat, and standing there making incredibly difficult, awkward small talk for 15 minutes as we waited for other apparently imaginary Bible study members. Finally we started, and we opened to Ephesians 3, which we had not read yet, being as it was our first night...they didn't have any questions or anything, so the "leader" read the passage out loud...worst reader EVER! I had to re-read it myself over and over because I couldn't follow at all when he read it. We were just supposed to talk about it...no direction whatsoever. Mary basically took the lead because I'm quiet, and the other 2 literally just sat there silently, so we sat there for 30 minutes tops having really awkward discussion. Finally it was time to go, and Mary and I scooted our way out of there as soon as we possibly could...needless to say, we are not going back there again.

We are hopeful that the Tuesday night study will work out, just a little sad it is not in Longmont...oh well, we will deal.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Wish me luck with my creative endeavors!

Love,
Jenn

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh, awkward Bible studies...I know them well. Hopefully the one I try tonight won't be that way. Can't wait to see the shirt tomorrow!