Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello Blog World!

All right, ya'll...I know last post I said I would be more consistent...I lied. What can you do...??

Once again, I just have a few updates...most good, actually, so that's nice.

1. My brother got married back in September. It was a beautiful ceremony. Now I have a sister-in-law and that is pretty fun. I had a great time at the wedding and I'm so glad to have another girl in the family!!

2. I have lost 85 pounds to date...whew...sometimes I still can't believe it when I look at that number. I have about 50 pounds to go to reach my ultimate goal of 135, so I'm definitely working toward that. I definitely feel better about myself...I feel more positive. It is definitely not all easy though. I have to completely re-align my thinking. I have been so used to being the "fat girl" that I have to figure out how not to be her anymore. It sounds weird, but so true. I have to re-think what I know about myself, and trust what others tell me. I never knew there was so much psychological poo to sift through when you lose a bunch of weight...but it turns out that there is. I'm trying not to focus on it too much, because I don't want to stop being me, and I don't want to get a big head...it's just so new that I'm still figuring it all out. So please, friends, grant me some grace...:)

3. I have a ton of ideas of things I would like to do with my life...way too many in fact. Since starting this latest phase of my life, several things have popped into my head of what I might enjoy doing and be good at. I have thought for a while of doing physical therapy, but since I am still lacking in necessary prerequisite experience, I would have to go through a physical therapy assistant program. This is still an option, but I have several others I'm thinking of too...I am interested in going back to school for Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, or even becoming a personal trainer...that last one freaks me out, but it is something that I thinkI would enjoy quite a bit...so right now I'm in limbo, and I'm trying to weigh my options.

4. My dear friends Terry Hawkmoon Kiel and Jessica Chang are getting married in one month. I'm in the wedding and I'm SOOO excited for them! I was around when they first started dating and I have seen their relationship grow, and it has been so awesome to be around and see it happen. I'm so happy for them, and I'm so excited to be a part of their wedding!

Well, I thought I had more to report, but I suppose that is it. I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I hit "Publish post" but for now, this will have to do.

Love,
Yenn

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Thank you for posting. It makes me happy. :)