Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

It's finally here...Election Day. It feels like it's been coming for quite a while now. I'll admit; I'm pretty ready for the political ads to stop airing, and the political emails to cease; however, I'm actually going to miss the hype. I don't like politics, and I really don't like debating politics, but there has been so much hype going into this specific election surrounding the historical importance, that once it is over, it will be like, "where did all the drama go...?"
Don't get me wrong...I do want it to be over, but it was kind of cool while it lasted. I mean, we got to be a part of something huge. The first ever African American candidate who may become our first ever African American president. I'm not going to say who I voted for, because really it's none of your business, but no matter who you vote for, you have to agree that it is pretty cool that the nation is moving in a good direction regarding equality (at least on the surface).
Well, at this point, I've done my civic duty and I have voted, so I guess all I can say is that God's will is going to be done, no matter which candidate ultimately becomes our next president. I'm not worried, I'm putting it in His hands.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

There's also a woman in this race. Regardless of who wins, we're going to have historic presidency.