Monday, January 12, 2009

Ouch...

I cannot even lift my arm in order to pick up my phone. It is actually quite pathetic. I think I gave myself a little muscle strain in my triceps because I'm in a freaking lot of pain. I don't know how this keeps happening. I'm being kind of a baby about it, but whatev...

What else...?

I'm starting a biggest loser competition with a group of friends here in Longmont. We are going to start today and go through the Bolder Boulder in the end of May. I'm actually pretty excited about it. I'm not looking forward to the whole eating healthy thing...it's never been my strong point, but I am excited to have some good accountability through my roommates and through the friends that I hang out with on a regular basis. Plus, I'm excited to get in better shape so that I will be able to do the Bolder Boulder without so much trouble. We'll see how it goes...

The Broncos just hired a new head coach. I'm mostly happy with the decision Bowlen made. I think that McDaniels will bring a fresh perspective and he is coming from a great offensive team. He was the offensive coordinator for New England. He worked with the defense for a little before that, but became a QB coach and later the offensive coordinator for the Pats. He has been a part of an offensive dynasty that included Tom Brady (I hate him, but I can admit that he is an excellent QB) and after Tom Brady injured himself, he took a back-up QB who had started in one NFL game and led the offense to assist in an 11-5 season. I wish he had a little bit more of a defensive background because we are severely lacking in defensive success, but he is looking at bringing in a great defensive coach from San Fran, so I guess I would like to see how it is all going to work out. I'm hopeful that a new coach will bring a new perspective and some fresh ideas to transform our team back to a respectable contender.

I have been reading the book Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. I really like it so far. I like his perspective on Biblical interpretation and I really enjoy his style. I haven't gotten too far in, but so far I think it will be a keeper.

It's snowing outside right now. I like it because it is pretty, but I really don't want to drive to Lafayette for my meetings this afternoon...boo. Oh well, I guess it will be okay.

Well, I guess that is all that is going on in my life right now. Not much exciting...

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Garan asked me what I thought about McDaniels (and thus, what she thinks about McDaniels...). I said that I think it's great we're getting someone from a good team and that I am still excited for the change, but...He is young. And in all honesty, I think our defensive coordinator will make more of an impact. Not because McDaniels won't do good things, but because he has more to work with. If our defensive coordinator can whip a defense with 3 decent players into shape, then I'll have high hopes.